In accordance with both state and federal laws (410 IAC 1-4, and 29 CFR 1910.1030) all individuals in the work place whose job responsibilities place them in a position where they could be exposed to the blood or body fluids of another individual must receive yearly training in Universal Precautions. This Bloodborne Pathogen Awareness document is an instructional tool along with supplemental materials designed to be used to satisfy this training requirement. Included in this information, you will find each of the federally required points.
Click on the link below to read the document that will fulfill your Universal Precautions Training. After reviewing these documents, click the "Incomplete" button on the Learning Lab website.
- Universal Precautions Laws and Rules
- DOE Universal Precautions Web Resources
- Additional Training Information
- I have read the information provided by the Union County/College Corner Joint School District on Universal Precautions and Blood Borne Pathogens.
- I am aware that the UCCCJSD Exposure Control Plan is on the corporation website
- I am aware if I everr have an exposure to blood, I am to report this to the corporation nurse immediately.
- I understand that if I have any questions, I may contact:
- Laurie West, Corporation Nurse at 765-458-5136 or 765-458-7438
- Bryanne Kilion, Corporation Nurse at 765-458-5521 or 765-732-3183
- I am aware that the UCCCJSD provides free Hepatitis B vaccinations to employees and that Hepatitis B vaccinations are given over 6 months, at 0, 1 and 6 months