Substitute Teacher Packet

Union County College Corner Joint School District

Substitute Application Procedure

We appreciate your interest in substitute teaching in our school district. The following steps need to be completed to be considered for employment. If you need any assistance in completing these steps or an explanation of what is needed, do not hesitate to contact us.

1. You must be a high school graduate to be a substitute teacher.

2. Complete the Union County College Corner Joint School District Substitute Application online form.

3. Schedule a time to meet with Mark Mathews or Stewart Durham (458-7471) to discuss substitute teaching for Union County / College Corner Schools. 

4. See Debbie Blevins in the Central Office Administration office to complete employment paperwork.

5. Obtain an Indiana Substitute Certificate. To do this, access the Licensing Verification and Information System (LVIS). Create an LVIS profile to apply for your substitute certificate. There is a $15 application fee which can be paid by credit or debit card. Once it is approved, you will receive an e-mail and an attachment that allows you to print your certificate. We cannot print your certificate for you.

6. All new employees must complete a criminal background check which is located on our web site. The employee will be responsible for the $31.50 fee associated with the background check.

  1. Go to
  2. Click on “Administrative Office”
  3. Click on “Employment Applications”
  4. Click on “Apply Here For Your Criminal History Check”

Once you are in the “Safe Hiring Solutions” page, just follow their instructions. You will need a credit card to complete your application.

We encourage all applicants to do the preceding steps in the order presented.


Substitute Teacher Application