Union County/College Corner eLearning Day Parent FAQ.
Our first scheduled eLearning Day will be Monday, February 18, 2019.
What is an eLearning Day?
The new Indiana Department of Education eLearning Day Program can be used on a day of inclement weather, on a make-up day for inclement weather, or on a planned day such as parent/teacher conferences, etc. Additional information is available at https://www.doe.in.gov/elearning/elearning-day-program.
How will my student receive assignments for the eLearning Day?
- Learning objectives, instructions, and assignments will be posted in Union County College Corner Joint School District Learning Management System—Canvas/Dojo/Other approved platform by 9:00 a.m. in the event school is canceled. For scheduled eLearning days, assignments can be given prior to eLearning day via paper copy.
- Link to Canvas: https://uccc.instructure.com/login/canvas
What are the expectations if our family does not have Internet access at home?
- If a family does not have Internet access (including if the family has lost power), students will obtain their assignments from their teacher(s) when they return to school. Students will have five (5) school days to complete assignments.
Do students have to complete assignments in Canvas/Dojo/Other?
- Teachers may opt to send home paper/pencil assignments. Teachers may also opt to assign a hybrid of online and paper/pencil assignments. Learning objectives, instructions, and assignments will be posted by the teachers by 9:00 a.m. on an eLearning Day.
What is the Canvas login?
- The Canvas login is the same login information for all accounts students use at school. Parents may create their own Canvas account. Link to Canvas: https://uccc.instructure.com/login/canvas Select “Click Here for an Account”.
How long is the assignment completion window?
- The Canvas assignment window will close at 11:59 p.m., five (5) school days following the eLearning Day. Please see Canvas for exact assignment due date. Paper assignments, if applicable, will be given to students on the next returning school day and are due within five (5) school days.
How is attendance taken on the eLearning Day?
- All students are counted present for the eLearning Day. If a student fails to turn in an assignment, the school secretary is notified and the student will be marked absent.
Will buildings be open on the eLearning Day?
- Buildings will not be open on the eLearning Days.
What if I need to get in contact with someone on the eLearning Day(s)?
- Parents may contact a teacher via the teacher’s email or Canvas. Teachers will hold office hours from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. each eLearning Day.
What if I am having log-in or connection issues with my device?
- The Technology Department will be open during the office hours of 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. for technology-based questions from parents/guardian/students at the following number: 458-5136 ext. 3308.