Due to the recent Coronavirus outbreak, we will be closing school and all school activities effective end-of-day today, March 13. At this time, our plan is to return on Monday, April 13. Prior to April 13, we will assess the situation to determine next steps. As with all communication regarding this unique situation where information changes frequently, understand that new circumstances could alter these plans.
eLearning March 16 through March 20
For all of our students, we will be conducting eLearning during the week of March 16 through March 20.
- Liberty Elementary School will be sending learning packets home with families today. If your student was absent on Friday, their packets can be picked up at LES on Monday morning from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- College Corner Union School will have learning packets available for pick-up on Monday March 16th from 1:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m. If you are unable to pick up a packet during this time, please contact the office by phone or Mr. Brown via Dojo message.
- Union County Middle School will have learning packets available for students who lack access to eLearning materials. Learning packets will be available for pick up Monday, March 16th from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Please enter through the gymnasium doors. Contact the office and Mr. Durham with questions.
- Union County High School will ensure that students are taking home devices and materials today. Please contact the high school office with questions.
Waiver days March 30 through April 10
We will be using waiver days for March 30 through April 10. Students will not be required to complete any work for these days. We do strongly encourage families to continue to read to their children and guide them to learning activities that will be made available by each school.
Food Availability for Families
The 4 C’s food pantry on 307 East Sycamore Street in Liberty, Indiana, will have boxes of food for families on Monday and Thursday. Contact Brenda Griffee for information at 765-580-0429.
The schools will have food available for families at the following dates and locations:
- April 2 from 10:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. at the Jill Butterfield Shelter in Liberty and at the College Corner School Parking Lot in College Corner.
- April 6 from 10:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. at the Jill Butterfield Shelter in Liberty and at the College Corner School Parking Lot in College Corner.
You may pick up your child’s medications at the following times and locations:
- Liberty Elementary School and Union County High School on Monday, March 16 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Union County Middle School on Monday, March 16 from 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- College Corner Union School on Monday, March 16 from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Events and activities
At this time, we are closing all activities and events. Some of these will be cancelled and some will be postponed.
The following activities have been cancelled:
- FFA field trips and activities
- NASP State Archery Tournament
- UCMS 8th Grade Job Shadow
- All athletic games and practices
- High School Art Field Trip
- Liberty Elementary School CoSi Camp In
- Liberty Elementary Literacy Night
The following activities have been postponed:
- High School’s production of Newsies the Musical
- National Honor Society Induction Ceremony
- Winter Athletic Awards
- CCUS Basket Bonanza
- High School Talent Show
Continual flow of communication is important during these times. Please make sure that we have your most up-to-date phone number and email information in our systems. You may contact your school’s office or our central office to confirm if you are not sure.
Central Office will remain open during this time from 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. unless circumstances force us to close. You may always call the office with questions if you are unable to reach your school.
Aron Borowiak, ED. S.