College Corner Union School
Monthly Attendance Awards
We continue to track our attendance percentages for each classroom and for the school. We understand that sickness occurs, especially at this time of year. However, we want students to be at school, when they are well. It is important for your student to attend school so they can continue to grow as a student.
Our school goal is to have 97% attendance each month and for the entire school year. In August, our percentage was 99%. In September, our school attendance rate was 97%. In October, our school attendance rate was 95.8%. Our goal for each month is 97%!
Each month, the class with the highest percentage gets an incentive. We also randomly choose one K-2nd student and one 3rd-5th grade student who receive a certificate and a prize.
The CCUS Holiday Music Program is Tuesday, December 12th in the CCUS gymnasium. We hope that your student is able to attend to showcase everything that they have learned.
“Describe a book you enjoyed today.”
This gives you an idea of what your youngster prefers to read. Then, build a daily reading habit by asking what he’d/she’d like to read tonight. Encourage his/her reading and listening skills by reading aloud to him/her and letting him/her read to you.”
-Source: Home & School Connection
December Character Trait:
“Making someone’s day by giving something away.”
CCUS will be discussing generosity all month long and how we can give to others and support one another.
- Please remember that if you are going to walk your student to class, you will first need to stop at the office and sign in and get a visitor pass.
- If your child is ill and will not attend school, please try to call their absence in to the office by 8:30a.m.
- If you have an updated phone number or email address, please make sure you notify us here at the school. It is important that we have up-to-date information.
- December 2: Robotics Team Competition
- December 5th-8th: Secret Santa Shoppe is Open
- December 12th – CCUS Holiday Program
- K-1: 6:00pm
- 2-3: 7:00pm
- 4-5: 8:00pm
- December 21st- January 2nd- Winter Break
- January 3rd- Students Return
- January 8th –Q2 Report Cards Go Home